Edit two-step authentication (2FA)
Two-step authentication is also referred to as Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). A two-step authentication process adds an extra layer of security, utilising a mobile device to verify that it is you who is accessing the service.
When you set up two-step authentication you would have defined both:
- the second authentication method using an authenticated device; and
- the recovery method in case you no longer have access to the authenticated device.
If you edit the two-step authentication (2FA) authentication method, you may:
- swap the two-step authentication methods;
- change the authenticator app to another authenticator app; or
- change the mobile you are using to receive an SMS, to another mobile.
If you edit the two-step authentication (2FA) recovery method, you may:
- swap the recovery methods;
- change the recovery email to another recovery email; or
- regenerate the recovery codes.