About Energy Policy
Energy Policy provides advice and analysis on all aspects of energy policy in Western Australia. We assist the Minister for Energy and broader government to make well-informed decisions on our state's energy future, for the benefit of energy consumers.
Our responsibilities cover electricity and gas, transmission and distribution networks, production, markets, retail, and consumer advocacy. We promote innovation and application of new technology throughout the energy sector, helping deliver secure, reliable, sustainable and affordable energy services to WA households and businesses.
Our work includes:
- Supporting delivery of the WA Government's Energy Transformation Strategy;
- Oversight and development of market and network rules;
- Emergency management; and
- The implementation of energy programs.
We are driving meaningful change to the way people can use, generate, buy and sell electricity, working with the energy industry for a brighter energy future.
EP has three divisions:
- Market Development and Coordination
- Strategic and Consumer Policy
- Strategic Business Innovation
Share this page: