Aboriginal Employment Program
The Aboriginal Employment Program (AEP) is a diversity and inclusion initiative that sits within the department’s Aboriginal Employment Strategy and the Diversity and Inclusion Plan. The AEP is designed to increase the department’s workforce representation of Aboriginal people. Each year the department offers a number of employment opportunities at various levels through the AEP.
Positions within the AEP are advertised under Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) as a measure to achieve equality and increase workforce representation of Aboriginal people. Therefore, only applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander will be considered for these positions.
The AEP is a 12 month program and provides the opportunity for permanent employment upon successful completion.
The program commences in February 2022.
Benefits of the program include:
- Permanent employment upon successful completion.
- Structured training program and on the job learning.
- Support and guidance from the Aboriginal Program Coordinator, sponsor, mentor and Aboriginal staff network.
- Metro office locations close to public transport.
- Great work/life balance through flexible working arrangements.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any queries about section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act (WA), we have prepared a series of frequently asked questions.
2021 AEP Open Day
To learn more about the positions and what it’s like to work at DMIRS, the department holds an AEP Open Day during the recruitment period.
The AEP Open Day, on Thursday 18 November, will provide you with the chance to:
- Hear about the positions available and what it’s like to work for the department.
- Find out how to apply for the positions and receive resume and interview coaching.
- Meet former AEP participants and department staff while enjoying a light lunch.
Interested? Register now.
RSVP is essential by Thursday 11 November 2021. Please RSVP to Eventbrite – AEP Open Day Registrations.
For any other queries, please contact Jillian Collard, Aboriginal Strategy Coordinator on (08) 9222 3244 or email@example.com.
AEP available positions
We are on the lookout for Aboriginal candidates to join DMIRS from February 2022.
Applications for the 2022 AEP open on Monday, 1 November 2021.
We are currently seeking applications for the five positions below. On 1 November 2021 links will be provided for each available position and the relevant job advertisement.
- Administrative Officer (MIS21133) Level 2
- Board Support Officer (MIS21134) Level 2
- Customer Contact Officer (MIS21137) Level 2
- Dangerous Goods Officer (MIS21136) Level 3
- Information and Engagement Officer (MIS21135) Level 3
The AEP job opportunities are also available to view through Jobs WA by:
- Selecting ‘Department of Mines, Industry Relation and Safety’ from the Agency list.
- Type ‘AEP’ in the keyword search box.
- Click on ‘Search’.
Applications must be submitted via the department's external jobs board.
Applications close by 4pm, Monday 29 November 2021 (WST).
Your submission must be complete by the closing time. Applications that are in progress or submitted after this time will not be accepted.
If you have queries, please contact Jillian Collard, Aboriginal Strategy Coordinator on (08) 9222 3244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this page: