To assist workplaces prepare for WA's new WHS laws, the following videos have been provided as an education resource that can be shared with teams and others.
WHS Act and implementation
- Message from the Minister for Industrial Relations: The Hon Stephen Dawson, Minister for Industrial Relations provides an overview of Western Australia's new work health and safety laws.
- New Work Health and Safety laws implemented in Western Australia: Provides an overview of the implementation on WA's WHS laws.
- Overview of Western Australia's Work Health and Safety Act 2020: Presented by David Eyre, A/Project Manager WHS Legislation Project and Bill Mitchell, General Manager WHS Legislation Project. This video provides an overview of the WHS Act.
- Work Health and Safety laws - WHS General Regulations Chapters 1-5: An overview of the WHS regulations which cover definitions, exposure standards for dust, hazardous work including demolition work and plant and structures.
- Work Health and Safety laws- WHS General Regulations Chapters 6-11: An overview of the WHS regulations which cover construction, hazardous chemicals and asbestos.
- Work Health and Safety laws - WHS Mines Regulations and Mine Safety Management System: Anil Atri, Senior Inspector of Mines Safety Directorate outlines the WHS Mines Regulations and the new requirement for a mine operator to prepare, implement and maintain a Mines Safety Management System.
- Work Health and Safety laws - The new PAGEO regulations: What will they mean for operators: This video provides insight in the new PAGEO regulations and what they will mean to operators.
- WHS laws information update - General: This information session provides an update on the WHS laws
- WHS Laws information update - Mines: This information session primarily covers WHS (Mines) Regulations
- WHS laws information update - Plant and high-risk work licence holders: This information session primarily covers WHS (General) Regulations relating to plant and high-risk work licence holders.
- Demolition and asbestos licences: This webinar will primarily cover WHS (General) Regulations relating to asbestos and demolition licence holders.
Duty holders under WHS
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020 Duties: Highlights the proposed duty holders and their corresponding duties under the WHS laws.
Compliance and enforcement approach
- WHS: Compliance and enforcement approach: Discusses the compliance and enforcement approach under the WHS laws.
Licences and registrations (authorisations)
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020 – Part 4 Authorisations: Introduces the term Authorisations which includes licences, permits and registrations under the WHS laws.
Share this page: