These publications are designed to help WA organisations and their associated workforces (including volunteers) prepare for the new Work Health and Safety laws. More guidance will be added as it becomes available.
Overviews of the new WHS laws
Overview documents provide Information on the new WHS laws coming into effect in 2022. Guidance for mines and petroleum regulations will be released at a later date.
- Western Australia's Work Health and Safety Act 2020 - guide (dmirs.wa.gov.au)
- Overview of Western Australia’s Work Health and Safety (General) Regulations 2021 (dmirs.wa.gov.au)
Describe how the WHS regulator believes key concepts in the WHS Act will operate and provide an indication of how the laws will be enforced.
- The meaning of 'person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) – interpretive guideline (www.wa.gov.au)
- How to determine what is reasonably practicable to meet a health and safety duty - interpretive guideline (www.wa.gov.au)
- Discriminatory, coercive and misleading conduct - interpretive guideline (www.wa.gov.au)
- Guide to Work Health and Safety for volunteer organisations - This guide provides information on how the WHS Act applies to organisations that engage volunteers.
Share this page: