Create a My Account
When creating an account, you are also creating your online digital identity with us.
A digital identity is an electronic representation of you as an individual. It enables you to be sufficiently identified when accessing online services. More information about digital identities can be found on the Digital Identity website.
Once you have verified your identity and created your account, you can re-use your digital identity to access the following online services:
- Geophysical Survey Index (MAGIX)
- WA Relationship Authorisation Manager (WARAM)
Alternatively, My Account enables you to access these services by using another account. This means you do not need to create a My Account but instead can choose to sign in via My Account using your Digital Identity (such as myGovID) or your Facebook or Google accounts. If you wish to use any of these credentials, refer to the sign in chapter for more detail.
Your information will remain private and protected.
To create a digital identity you will:
- require a valid email address that is your own and not shared with another individual or group;
- need to create a unique password (passphrase) of at least 14 characters in length;
- need to provide your name; and
- agree to our terms and conditions.
NOTE: Supplying a name helps us to identify you. Your name will be:
- displayed when you are signed into one of our online services,
- included when we email you, and
- required when you contact us for assistance, as it helps us to find your account.
You will be asked to verify your email.
NOTE: Email verification is part of the security process to ensure you are the owner of, and have access to, the email. This ensures you are the person making the request, which maintains the security of your account and keeps your information protected.
Creating your My Account
Step 1: Start at the "Sign in / Create an account" page.
To navigate to the "Sign in / Create an account" page, select the link to the required online service:
Can you see the "Sign in / Create an account" page?
- Yes: continue to Step 2.
- No: click the "Sign in" option visible in the top right corner of the page.
Or, if you are a FuelWatch subscriber and on the FuelWatch page, you can find the "Sign in" link located in the top right corner.
Step 2: Click on the "Create an account" link, located at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Enter your email address into the "Email" field (make sure you have entered your email correctly), and click on the "Send code" button.
Step 4: You should now see the next "Create an account" page requesting you enter a verification code.
Reminder: You must keep this page open while checking your email.
Step 5: Check your email for the account verification code.
Remember: It can take up to 10 minutes for the email to be delivered.
If you did not receive the email:
- Make sure you entered the correct email address. If the wrong email address was entered then clear the email field, enter the correct email and click the "Send code" button again.
- Check your Junk, Spam or Trash folders in your email application.
- If there is still no email, try a new verification code by clicking on the "Get new code" button, however, note that any previous verification code(s) sent will no longer work.
- If, after 20 minutes the email still has not been received, there may be a technical issue. In this instance, please contact us for further assistance. Contact details can be found in the Need further assistance? chapter.
Step 6: Enter the verification code you have received in your email and click on the "Verify code" button.
Note: You have 20 minutes from when the email was sent, to enter the verification code and click on the "Verify code" button.
Should you cut and paste the verification code directly from your email via the double-click function, make sure that you have not pasted any extra spaces before or after the code.
If the verification code has expired, please click on the "Get new code" button.
Step 7: Confirm the supplied email is correct, then either:
- click on the "Continue" button to capture the password and name; or
- click on the "Back" button to go back and change your email address.
Step 8: Enter the remaining required information and agree to the terms and conditions.
The password (also referred to as a passphrase):
- must be at least 14 characters long (we suggest an easy-to-remember phrase of 14 or more characters that has meaning to you);
- is case sensitive;
- must not contain any part of the email address;
- must not be a password that has been identified as being insecure;
- can contain spaces; and
- does not need to have one upper case, one number and one special character.
You must enter your "Family name" into the relevant field. If you have no Given name(s) then this field may be left blank.
Lastly, ensure you have checked the box for the terms and conditions.
NOTE: Terms and conditions set out the rights and responsibilities of anyone using our online services. If you don’t agree with the terms and conditions then you will not be able to use our online services. In this instance please contact us to discuss alternative arrangements.
You may wish to review our privacy statement which covers how we treat your information.
You will also receive an "account created" email.
Step 9: Once the "Create an account" process is complete, you will be signed in to the required online service.
If you would like to set up two-step authentication, please refer to our information on setting up two-step authentication.