DMIRS COVID-19 coronavirus information
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) continues to respond to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic while working to provide a high level of service to Western Australian industries and communities.
The past two years have been challenging for our industries, businesses and people. Throughout the tough times, DMIRS has maintained its commitment to support and protect our workers, consumers and stakeholders.
Under the WA Government’s Updated Safe Transition Plan, which commenced on 5 February 2022, DMIRS has reviewed its business continuity plans to ensure services can continue and respond to any potential disruptions caused by the pandemic.
Depending on the situation, the way some services are delivered may be different and our staff will communicate regularly with stakeholders to ensure clarity of any service changes.
DMIRS holds the necessary vaccination proof for staff members who fall within the mandated industries to protect critical businesses. The Chief Health Officer has also authorised a number of nominated DMIRS Mines Safety Inspectors to be able to request information to ensure compliance with the Group 1 Direction under the mandatory vaccination policy.
For any questions about the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy and how it is regulated, please contact the Department of Health.
Another step we’ve taken to protect the safety and health of our stakeholders and staff has been to move meetings where possible to a digital format, reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
If you are visiting a DMIRS office, please sign in using ServiceWA, SafeWA, or the paper-based contact register. Please also note masks are mandatory at all times within our offices.
All these measures will ensure that DMIRS is well placed to support the Western Australian economy, industries and community through this next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Information from DMIRS
Public Sector Labour Relations
Private Sector Labour Relations
Building and Energy
- Building and Energy Covid-19 safety advice
- Pool safety checklist for residents during COVID-19 pandemic (local government information)
- Electrical and gas safety while working from home
Resource and Environmental Regulation
- Administrative procedures amended to support the resources sector
- Suspension on issuing Miner's Rights and Section 40E Permits
- Continuity of Resource and Environmental Regulation Group services
- DMIRS works with stakeholders on COVID-19 coronavirus
- Tenement holders can apply for COVID-19 expenditure exemptions
- Coronavirus - What can be done to prepare for the possibility of a viral outbreak in the workplace? (announcement)
- What to do if a worker has COVID-19
- COVID-19 coronavirus - looking after your mental health
- COVID-19 coronavirus - frequently asked questions
Share this page: